Sunday, April 2, 2023

From SMASH to Peggy + ink sticks

 


It is very disappointing to find the angry slashes on such a pretty envelope. Grrrr. Maybe I should just be happy that the circle didn't tear. It's cut through the envelope and the image is on something inside the envelope. Smash must have cut through the envelope - with a circle punch thing - because the flip side has another opening. Her italics are still A-listers.

Anyone who is new to the list might want to do a search for *bird on head* - Smash got a couple of us off on a binge of ideas involving birds on heads -- a fond memory. 

One of the other exchangers on Smash's list sent me photos of some of the envelopes she received - and hers, from Smash, had the same marks over the stamps. I wonder if people on the origin-end of the mailing are doing some of the slashing. 


I can't remember a lot from the link - except that it's super interesting if you have any interest in ink sticks.  I have ink sticks and a stone and highly recommend stick ink - although I don't know how you know which sticks are the good ones. I'd just buy mine from John Neal. The ones I have were gifts. My mom found them in a consignment store - many moons ago.

Or maybe you don't even know what an ink stick is - you might be interested in a *technology* that has not changed in many, many years. They probably mention that, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuFSYY-X9w



1 comment: