Friday, April 21, 2023

Art museum wall painting.

 




The newsletters and emails that announce the new exhibits at the museum in my back yard are often filled with exhibits that do not look interesting to me. The latest exhibit is celebrating the 75th anniversary of the museum so there are many pieces that have been in the vault for quite some time.  I was curious if some of my old favorites would be hanging. Happily - there were several favorites.

And then there was this one. The center panel is a screen - like a TV screen - but I don't know if that's what we call them. I didn't even look at that part. What I enjoyed was the very pretty hand painted border painted directly on the wall. It was gold ink (or paint) -- done with a wider brush and then something else - that might have been a marker. Oh.My.Gosh. It was/is so pretty. 

Not to be nit-picky - but I would have chosen to do all four outer edges either straight or wavy. As it is - two are straighter and two are wavier. I suspect I am the only person who even noticed. But - other than that - it is a fine piece of flourishing.

I might do some gold frames on dark envelopes -- if they do not appear - then maybe when this pops up I will get around to trying it. I'd rather paint something on a wall - but we need to keep the house more restrained so that we don't have to cover up a bunch of art projects when we decide to move to the senior living situation....maybe some day I will find photos of when Diane von Arx and I DID paint some flourishing all over my kitchen. It was way before we took photos on our phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment