Tuesday, April 11, 2023

To Janet in March


 OK - here is the next wretched rainbow envelope and you are probably saying - what's wrong with that? I agree - it's not that bad. The way it is not centered is a huge problem for me. There was no planning on where the stamps were going to go. In fact -- it was something I found in a stack that had been penciled - and I just filled it in and thought I could make it work. It does not work because of the space issues - and that big bar across the top is too heavy. When we get to the truly wretched ones with too much orange - you will agree that this one is better because I kept the name blue. 

That's a design option that I've been harping on for 12 years -- use a minor color from the stamp as a major color on the name. Use the major color on the stamp for accent. It's not a rule -- it's an option. And it's an option that often yields some decent results.

No comments:

Post a Comment