Tuesday, April 25, 2023

From Lynne to Peggy - Your Brain on Art


We are a bit jealous of anyone who still has some Oscar de la Renta stamps -- they were so pretty - and look beautiful on the kraft paper envelope. Kraft paper is like the *denim* of paper. Humble - but it is happy to mingle with the fancy stuff. I wonder if Lynne bought a large quantity of Kraft envelopes. It's been on my to-do list to get more. Although my disciplined-self is making me use up all my extras from my wedding addressing days. I wonder which wedding was the last one I addressed - it had to have been before covid....

***
Add-on today is a blurb from an article and a link to the article - about how vital art is to maintaining good health. Seems like preaching to the choir, but we're going to go ahead and do it. The blurb refers to the book, Your Brain on Art by Susan Magsamen. There is a waiting list for the book at my library - so, I have not read it yet - and not recommending it yet. Rather than going to the link, you might want to search for other reviews. Or, you could just go make some art. 


In the book, Magsamen draws on cutting-edge research to show that engaging in 45 minutes of any kind of art – from colouring to dancing or playing music – reduces cortisol (the stress chemical) and can help us live happier, healthier lives.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment