Friday, April 28, 2023

To Ming and Kate in March


 Ming's border might have been the most successful at combining the lettering and the flourishing and a stamp. Running out of those stamps is painful. And now that I look at Kate's I guess I like that combo. Combining a style, a stamp, and something else can be tricky. I'm tempted to pull out the inks and nibs and do some more of these - and I even know who got these - so these people could get my next experiment. That might be the way to go. But that would not be fair to the *test group* - they would always get the ones where I was figuring out what works -- they deserve to get something from the second round - when I've worked out the kinks. 

One wonders what I could accomplish if I put this much thought and energy into other things. Like what? How about gardening. I started seeds indoors this year. I'm trying to grow some herbs to nudge myself into some better cooking. We'll find out if Mother Nature is on my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment