Saturday, April 22, 2023

From Grace in March - pangram haiku


I was deeee-lighted that Grace wanted to give Pickle Pie a try and she sent a bonus envelope rather than waiting for the next exchange. It's really fun to compare all the different interpretations of one idea. Now I want to find another style that will pique some interest in something fun and colorful. 

***
On one of MrWilson's food pantry days, he was going to be gone for many hours so I had him fire up his scanner and started scanning all my fonts so that I can post more on the blog. I did about a dozen - they were PDFs and then discovered that I can't upload PDFs to the blog. Grrrr. I need JPGs. It took a while to figure out how to do that - but I had used up my energy for that project for the day.

Alternative to scanning - slogging through the ancient files that were on his computer from the olden days (anything prior to 2015) when we shared a computer. At the time - he was still going to the office - so it was easy to share. I need to save whatever I need off that computer - so - the slogging started.

Memory lane. I cannot begin to tell you how much amazing stuff I found. Here's one of the highlights.

Pangram Haiku -  I can't even pick a favorite -- they are so good - and I have no idea where I found them.
Oh - wait - I can Google. 10 seconds later. Bingo https://www.marksimonson.com/notebook/view/PangrammaticHaikus

Lost in flight, quiet.

Yellow jacket reproves me.
Vexed, I buzz away.


Mosquito buzzes
around jackal’s furry paw.
So vexing, that bug!


Read ye my haiku!
Strong, living words dazzle. Jump
back, quietly fixed.


Haiku verses flow
like a bad, exacting quiz.
Too jumpy, yet fun.


The ax swerves, tree dies:
Quite a lop job, so crazy.
Man kills for nothing.


Wise raven in tree
Spies sly fox dozing. Gives him
Loud quack. Bejeezus!


Your quick wit doesn’t
Faze me. I can’t help your jive!
Go back to de-tox!


 

1 comment:

  1. I love haiku. Here's one of mine.
    No-see-ums float
    Like tiny fairies dancing
    In the sun swept air

    ReplyDelete