Wednesday, April 26, 2023

To Emily in March - all get out

This photo is crooked - which bothers me - because I did pencil everything and used a straight edge to get the stamps on correctly. I love the colors of the stamps together -- they don't really go with the lettering. But, I have to be happy about getting my nibs and ink out. The next ones will show some practice flourishing. I had enough fun that I'm going to do some more. 

I can't remember which exemplar I was using when I did this one - it looks like a pointed pen uncial which is a seriously goofy combination - it might have been one of those exemplars I have with no name - so there's no way to track it down -- unless someone sees this and recognizes it.

That A is quirky as all get out.

What does the expression * ...as all get out* mean? Or where did it come from? I do not have time to go down that rabbit hole - but, I know someone who is obsessed with words who might research this for me. I'd be as grateful as all get out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment