Thursday, April 20, 2023

From Ming to Peggy + Peggy's afghan


 This is such a sweet design - I know Peggy appreciates nibs and ink.  It was fun to drop in on Peggy and watch her open her mail. Each time I dropped in, she would marvel that people were agreeable to send mail to some random person they did not know. I compared it to the olden days - when people had pen pals. Even though she is an artist - I'm not sure sending random art out into the world was an activity that made much sense to her. 

This is not a revelation - we all recognize that - people are different. Some of us like to putter and make envelopes. Other people do other things. I hope to someday show the afghan that Peggy is working on. She had quite a stash of wool yarn and wanted to use it up. She has also lost interest in complicated knitting - and the only thing she enjoys knitting are the nice dishrags that are knit on the bias and have a border.

This shows how a creative mind works. She remembered a postage stamp with squares - which happens to be an Elsworth Kelly stamp - so she is knitting wool squares (like dishrags) and will have an Elsworth Kelly afghan. I love the idea so much that I want one, too. She was concerned that it is going to be too soft and floppy - and I assured her that it is going to be so perfect. Hopefully I will remember to take a picture of it when it is finished. Maybe she will be so disappointed with it that she will make me take it.

This is the stamp that inspired the design - the grid one. There are several good ideas for afghans or quilts.



No comments:

Post a Comment