Tuesday, September 13, 2022

To Patty in August - Little Free Gallery


This one was harder to read before I added all the orange outlines. It was much nicer when it was slightly less legible - but there is no going back with colored pencils. Patty used to be a docent at the museum where I taught. I wonder if she has seen the latest addition at the museum - near the parking lot.

It's like those little free library boxes that people put in their front yards. Only it is for art. If I run across any fun little art that I don't need, I'll be happy to donate some. Does anyone else have one of these in their neighborhood?




This photo is distorted because I shot it through the glass.
So, I opened the door.


Someone put their ads for their yard service in there.
I don't think it belongs - but, I didn't think I was the one to remove it.
I don't think acorns qualify either -- unless one were to gild them or inscribe them with some lovely lettering.



 

1 comment:

  1. That art box is interesting. We have little library boxes everywhere around here, and a few painted rock ones. I would like not just a little library, but a little grocery. Nobody should have to be hungrt. Plus, we have a lot of kids go by after school who would probably love a snack.

    ReplyDelete