Tuesday, September 20, 2022

From JeanR in Aug - USPS Operation Santa


This was my August exchange from JeanR - and she included a very pretty J. Will I ever get my nibs and inks out? Every time I see these - I am sure that I will and then real life intervenes. Not complaining. Just noting. 


Karl sent me the name of the condition I might have: 

Timbromania definition: a mania or passion for stamp collecting

He coined his own word:
philatocancellatiophiliamania:  an obsessive love for cancelled stamps bordering on pathology

I responded with:
I found the word - inrita - in an English to Latin website --
How about philatoinritamania ?

Thank you, Karl.

***

Alert readers will detect that this is not a previously written blurb. I bumped one because during my search for philatelic terms, I found stamps.com - and saw a posting for USPS Operation Santa. I think I wrote about it last year - because I did not find out about it soon enough to participate. The USPS has a program where they match people who are willing to send a gift in response to a child who writes a letter to Santa.

You may read all about it - and I will post a reminder on Nov 28 - in case anyone is interested in a random act of kindness. I'm hoping there will be a least one kid who wants art supplies.


There are two more links at the above link to the actual USPS.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment