Thursday, September 8, 2022

CJs Clothesline Caps - Quiltville Inn Retreat


At long last, here is the inspiration envelope that got me off on the Clothesline Caps binge. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest to do more of it. This is from CJKennedy - who kindly sent me some of the cardinal stamps when I needed some in Dec of 2020. She also sends very helpful comments on topics from time to time. I do not recall if I ever sent a thank you for the stamps - so, act surprise CJ - when you get an envelope from me.

I'm still waiting to hear from Carol Pallesen with the full story on Clothesline Caps - and who gave them that name. Trust me -- it'll show up one of these days.

***




Here is Bonnie's inn/retreat in Mouth of Wilson, VA. I've spent way too much time wandering around the street view of Wilson Creek and surrounding areas. Bonnie runs this inn and groups (up to 12 people) can reserve it for workshops, retreats, whatever. There are many nice photos at the website. There are a couple really nice calligraphy retreat places. Cheerio in NC (I think) and Ghost Ranch in NM. But no envelope retreats. I wonder where I could build one. Maybe the Holiday Inn across from O'Hare - one of the perks of living in Chicago is that it has direct flights to sooooo many places - and it is centrally located.

Quiltville Inn Retreat website

***

Yesterday - the article about the woman who slipped and fell on the flyer popped up again. It's NYTimes - and they only allow 3 free articles per month. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/02/style/modern-love-i-broke-my-knee-which-fractured-my-marriage.html?action=click&block=associated_collection_recirc&impression_id=d1a17100-2eda-11ed-8ace-0f024f2c4da8&index=0&pgtype=Article&region=footer

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see my envelope pop up. I got your envelope the other day which was a very nice surprise. Your envelope is in my next Happy Mail post on my blog scheduled for 9/12. I learned the clothesline writing and coloring from Sherrie Kiesel while taking her Kiesel Caps workshop. Thanks for the shoutout

    ReplyDelete