Wednesday, September 28, 2022

From Chuck in July - postal crime fighting


Happy mail from ChuckM. I am writing this on Sept 5th. Sept was the month where I was going to Chuckerize my approach to doing my exchange envelopes. The first part went really well. I had 20 envelopes started. Then when I came back to finish them, the wheels fell off. They will pop up in a few days (or weeks) along with everything I learned from trying the Chuck approach.

While wandering through the USPS site - I discovered the postal inspectors site. Oh.My.Gosh. There are some very interesting articles on all the various kinds of criminals they apprehend. Lots more going on besides counterfeit stamps. Elder-scamming, romance-scamming, drug trafficking, people selling fake COVID preventative devices, the list goes on and on.

I'm not going to choose any particular article - because I have no idea which ones would be of interest. Here is the main site for the surfers who may be interested.


I also had a flashback - to the olden days - when I was a kid. I remembered seeing the wanted posters at the post office. There is a place on the main/news page to click on the [Wanted Poster]. It is not like the old time wanted posters. It's all robbery, armed robbery of postal workers as well as assault. Also break ins at post offices. I remember the day I was at the main post office and a customer started to get scary-angry. I guess there have been two times when I was very uncomfortable with the atmosphere. 

 

1 comment:

  1. "Olden days", you're so funny!
    I love Chuck's envelopes. This one is perfect for the Shel stamp.

    ReplyDelete