Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Leslie to Nanski (PSA - falling things)

Peanuts stamp alert - Sept 30 might be the date of issue.


There is a word for designs that radiate from a center point. Maybe it's radial? Or maybe it is something else. Nanski-Drewski's name works so nicely since both names are the same length. Love that coffee stamp.

***
Before posting my latest public service announcement, I did a search for *public service* on my blog to review how many of them there have been: falling down, chiggers, online portals for your medical issues, exploding Pyrex, managing life as we age - and maybe a couple that I have forgotten. 

I surf through Pinterest once in a while, looking for the ideas for that quilt I need to make because my mom started saving a few scraps of fabric in the 50s - and the collection grew - and with the lingering covid + the m-pox - stitching scraps seems like a useful activity. 

So, I clicked on one pattern, that led to a woman who has been blogging about quilts since 2005. Her current post alluded to the progress being made after some kind of incident. So I scrolled back and found her story - and it seems like an opportunity for a public service announcement.

From Bonnie Hunter:

Last evening The Hubster and I were enjoying the bench swing that hangs between the two huge chestnut trees in the side yard at Quiltville Inn while waiting for the fire pit to get going. ⁣
The swing hung from a huge lodge pole. There was a crack and a crash and we were on the ground.  ⁣
My left leg had been bent at the knee positioning my foot under the swing as we came down. ⁣
The falling pole hit the bridge of my nose. ⁣
Both the left ankle and nasal bone are fractured and the little town of Jefferson NC doesn't have an orthopedics guy so they sent me home with a plaster splint and meds. ⁣
I'll contact the ortho guy in Galax tomorrow and hope he can get me in. ⁣
I'd say this looks worse than it feels but that would be a lie. ⁣

I won't repost the picture she posted of her injuries. 
If you are a quilter - you might be interested in her blog.

On Thursday - I will jabber more about the inn she runs - in Mouth of Wilson, VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment