Monday, September 19, 2022

To Ming in August - Memory lane


I was determined to make better olive branches - and these were fine. There is  very light blue scalloped set of lines on the hair in the stamp which I started to add - but, it wasn't working so I erased it. This lettering is so-so. The MW initials should be fun to work with - but, so far, I haven't come up with something to my liking. It's also hard to get the right shades of blue - that navy is sooooo dark.

***
On Sept, 1st, when Mary signed up for the exchange, she mentioned that she was interested in working on her lettering skills. I suggested she do a [search] on this blog for *exemplar* - and then I did a search. And it was so much fun - seeing old styles. One of the last posts that popped up was from Dec 3, 2014. It was half funny/half sad to see that only 4 years into the blog, I had such a good idea - and then 8 years after that - I had gone nowhere with my good ideas.

Here is an excerpt from nearly 8 years ago. It's about more than exemplars - but, it highlights that very little has changed in the past 8 years - including issues with my memory.

I have figured out how to resolve all my *issues.*
1. am able (happy) to let go of beloved stamps
2. have new *filing system* whereby we will all know everything that i know and we will be able to access it
3. i forgot number three - but i am sure it will come to me.

implementation will be as follows:
1. new improved nibs and ink blog to include every single handout and exemplar in my stash so that we can all find them when we need them.
2. new blog called Art for the Intimidated - which will cover all the other lessons that are not specific to lettering

 There was more - but this is quite enough. Maybe even too much.

1 comment: