Wednesday, September 21, 2022

From JeanR in July--- Stinkin' badges

If you saw an actual clothesline envelope yesterday (to Leslie) it was in the process of being pre-written and will show up in October with all the other actual clotheslines.


I think JeanR told me what the inspiration was for this lettering - she might have taken a class. It's a perfect style with that stamp. It is also one of the best examples of running out of space and stacking the last two letters I have seen. It's very hard to stack the last two and not have it jump out as an oops. This one is so perfectly integrated that it looks like it's exactly what she intended -- so maybe she did intend it and it was not a run-out-of-space maneuver.

***

During the recent trip down memory lane (through some 2017 posts) - there have been so many ideas that were just lovely - and gave me some good ideas to start the September envelopes. I also stumbled across one of those lines from a movie (or so I thought) that burbles up from time to time. 

Finnbadger left a comment telling us the origin of the quote (on the 8-19-2017 post). I do not remember reading it. Thanks Finnbadger. I was delighted to hear that the quote I was so fond of actually came from a B Traven book. I only own about 10 books - and one of them is a collection of short stories by B Traven. 

If you liked the line from Blazing Saddles - We don't need no stinking' badges - you might enjoy reading the original -- it's a magnificent rant. My version is: We don't need no stinking' fonts.*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

* We don't need no stinking' fonts because we know how to write better than fonts - if none of this made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment