Thursday, September 1, 2022

September exchange sign-up - Janet's Aug envelope


Janet enclosed a note saying that she liked her idea - but not the positioning of the letters. She also thought the marker was too bleed-y and the gel pen too skip-y. The marker and gel pen do not bother me at all. It has a *distressed* look - which is fun. The position of the WILSON is just fine - because there is good variation in the bounce and tilt. The JEAN is less bouncy and tilt-y. So maybe that's what is not pleasing Janet's eye. 

I think it would have been perfect if maybe the A bounced a little higher - and tilted a bit more to the right. It's interesting how really minor changes can fix everything. And - if you try to bounce and tilt and then say, "Why doesn't mine look as good as Janet's?" It's because making things bounce-y and whimsical can be just as hard as making things precise and level. If Janet did this design 20 times - I bet she would have figured out a system that worked every time.

Your assignment for September, Janet, is to show us the progression of your September idea. I will do that, too. And anyone else who wants to show us a progression of an idea is welcome to send photos to me. 

Sign up is Sept 1-4 and I email the lists on the 5th.
I reply with a confirmation email when I get your sign-up - so if you do not hear from me - send another email to:  ptenvelopes-at-aol-dot-com

Please send me the following info in the exact format shown.
Indicate if you wish to include a handmade card rather than just an envelope - (CARDS)
Indicate if it is your (birthday) month and/or if you are interested in being on (2 lists).

Jane Doe (CARDS)
123 Oak Street
Ames, IA 50110
janedoe@gmail.com
(birthday) (2 lists)

Additional info if you are new to the exchanges: CLICK HERE
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it, Janet!!! Super fun. Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! So impressed the USPS can figure it out too!

    ReplyDelete