Wednesday, September 14, 2022

To April in August - circle posters


Here is another envelope that was saved by the monster stamps. I had penciled in the letters - and didn't know where to go - then found the stamp, which seemed perfect. Then - the first layer of pink colored pencil was way too peachy. It's amazing how colors that are just slightly off can be soooo bad. Luckily, the second layer of pink fixed it.

***

After strolling through the parking lot, I went into the museum to check out the current exhibit. It was OK - nothing that really inspired me. I did like the stack of posters that were a help-yourself exhibit. Anyone who wants a poster may take one and they will keep printing more as long as people are taking them. I need to go back and read the blurb on the wall (what do you call those blurbs?) to see if there was any suggestion. The post has two circles and is based on a piece hanging on the wall that is two metal circles.


What the stack of posters looks like.


I pulled one off - to illustrate helping myself to a poster.


Those two metal circles on the wall were the inspiration for the poster. I guess I should go back and read the blurb and at the very least, give you the artist's name. My most sincere apologies for being a worthless art educator. Maybe it's because those two circles on the wall do not intrigue me at all. 


 

1 comment: