Wednesday, August 3, 2022

To Smashman in July - color theory


Here's one that should have had a second one enclosed. It was an orphan envelope and I loved the stamp with it -- but I couldn't think of anything really lovely to do with the writing. So - I tossed off a soft, loopy gray. It's OK -- Sometimes I just need to part with really pretty stamps.

***
Thanks to the BigHelpfulBrother who passed this link along. Some people have bucket lists of places they hope to visit before The End. I only had one thing on my list. I wanted to see the Northern Lights. But, then my son who frequents and lives in the far north told me that the wildly exciting photos I see online are more intense than the actual lights because of - well I can't tell you exactly why - but it has something to do with digital photography. So, my bucket list is complete. The only thing I wish I could/would squeeze in because it would have made a ton of my artwork better - is the study of color theory. 

It would not have taken long to learn - but - I never did. I guess I have about 25% of what I need - because I did have that semester in college about color from a pitiful instructor. Anyhow -- here is a rabbit hole for people interested in color -- and if you are young and hoping to enjoy many years of producing lovely artwork - take my advice and sign up for a course in color with someone who actually knows what they are teaching.


“It’s obvious that we don’t know one millionth of one percent about anything.” Comforting words from Thomas Edison. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment