Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Rachael - she's on a roll


 Rachael must have a thing about making sure that every single envelope she sends gets my *stealworthy* designation. I'm not going to be drawing any humming birds - but you know I'm going to be doing flowery letters with polka dots. I'm writing this on Aug 2 - two more days of collecting names for the Aug exchange - but, I could start my own envelopes. This would be my only chance to beat ChuckM - because his envelopes are all done and he's just waiting for the names....

Design comment - the colors of the stamp directed the colors she used. Her design has nothing to do with croquet. This is a good reminder that any stamp can offer up a nice color palette. Does anyone think that there are any colors that absolutely do not go together? IMHO - the neon colors can clash with the subdued organic colors - but having said that, I'll be on the lookout for examples where they work well together.

And here is an off-topic blurb about flowers - I'd be tempted to try this, but, I'm on a very restricted schedule. It's going in my *Maybe Never* folder.


There are more photos and details about the artist here


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jean, for the link to www.thisiscolossal.com! While not a calligraphy site, it's a treasure trove of art ideas. It has sparked a lot of possibilities for future exchange envelopes! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Rachael's envelope, too! So many talented artists in the exchanges! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lettering with the flowers. Really cute. I have all my envelopes done ahead too, usually several months in advance..."in case something comes up".

    ReplyDelete