Friday, August 5, 2022

April's July clothesline caps. Spelling rant


 This one looked better in real life. It's the traditional way to fill in the spaces in Clothesline caps. 

***

For those who love rants -- turn the volume all the way up. I am so tempted to insert some curse words. I've done about 10 posts in a row - and after this one will be stopping for the day. In one of the posts, I typed the word *observation* - it was the post with jabbering about being stoic and not complaining. 

The computer did the *highlight* thing of the word *observation.* When I right clicked on it to see what they were going to suggest - they suggested -ovservation. OK -- that is not a word. Or is it? I decided to do a search - and it is not a word - I was directed to the word -observation- OK - that's what I thought.

So, I went back three times - trying to get Blogger to accept the word -observation- and it just kept saying -ovservation-

Aliens. It has to be aliens. Or static electricity. I remember 3 decades ago - when the typesetting for graphic designers was done on paper punched tape - if there was some mistake - they would always blame it on static electricity. 

So that's my rant. I realize that it is just generic complaining and we all know that complaining is a big no-no. But, I do need to fill the posts. As much as I love Clothesline Caps -- I can't really think of anything to say about them.  Update -- I do have the full story of where they came from and will share it when the originator sends me the story - because she offered to write it out and send it - along with an exemplar. Stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. If you were typing the word "observation" on Thursday, 4. August, the glitch you experienced was due to solar flares. Static electricity on a larger scale 😉

    ReplyDelete