Monday, August 22, 2022

Chuck's July gnome + adaptive skateboarding


 This is so cute - and Bugs Bunny is a fun stamp. I like the way he did my name and the city/state in the more decorative style of lettering, but kept the street and zip more scanner friendly.

You probably thought you had heard the last of my early-bird visit to the Dew Tour skateboard competition. It's been too hot to do anything outside so I had to *surf* a bit in between the indoor chores. I figured that the Dew Tour would have some videos on YouTube and I was right.

I didn't watch all of them, but when I saw *adaptive* in the title of one of them - I was curious. It's heart warming to see that skateboarders have included a division for people with prosthetic limbs, no limbs, and on crutches.  

If you have any interest - here is the link to all of the videos. They keep adding more, so it's hard to find the Des Moines ones. 

all the Dew Tour videos

Here is the Des Moines video - Women's adaptive division. I'm not sure what the first woman has. The second woman has no legs and the third is the one on crutches. 

DSM women's adaptive winners


No comments:

Post a Comment