Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Leslie's croquet to MrW


 Here's the same stamp we saw yesterday - using the colors as well as the subject matter. In a perfect world, we would have multiple examples of how to have fun with every stamp. But, it is not a perfect world. We're all just forging ahead through X, Y, and Z. Maybe even a few Ps and Qs, too.

A fun mail opportunity came up a couple weeks ago. My granddaughter was a week away from leaving for her first time at sleep-away camp. My daughter alerted me that the camp would hand out mail, if parents brought it with the kids. Everyone realizes that it's not logical to mail things from home that might arrive after the camper has gone home. I was thrilled to find out about this in time to prepare some mail and send it to Chicago before she left for camp. 

While I had only one day to get it done and in the mail - I had to decide how much to send. The looney part of me wanted to send about 20 things -- but, I decided to just sent 5 - and labeled them Day 1, etc. I don't know how they hand out mail. Maybe they just give everyone all their mail on Wednesday. I'll be curious to find out.

In one letter, I asked my granddaughter if she was interested in going to Penmanship Camp with Nanna - next year. I'm pondering the idea of taking her to IAMPETH with me. I suppose it will depend on where it is being held. I hope she loves camp and becomes one of those kids who loves camp so much she ends up being a counselor. But, I will not be disappointed if she is not a camp-kid. There are other ways to enrich a kid during the off-season.


No comments:

Post a Comment