Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Peppermint Patty - Smash Eames chair

 


As I recall, the Peanuts characters often said, "Rats!" which is what I said when I found this image in my folder of July mail. It's along story -- and I already have a long story for this post -- and I am writing this on Aug 29 - as I just discovered that there was no envelope today. So, you will have to wait for the longer SMASHMAN story.


Peppermint Patty alert - especially for the envelope exchangers - because you are going to want to save at least one of the Peppermint Patty stamps for Patty. I wish I could get everyone to buy a sheet and sent the Patty stamps to Patty - unused - so that she has a nice supply of them for her own correspondence. There are two on each sheet - so we could use one of them on the envelope that we send to Patty - and she would  have a very fun collection.

The closest I ever got to my own Jean stamp were the blue *jeans* on the Celebrate the Century stamp with the saddle shoes - and I have painful memories of being forced to wear saddle shoes. Yuk. 

I have not found the date of issuing for these stamps. I'm also curious about how popular Peanuts is these days. With all the advancements in animation, it seems like they are going to fade away for lack of flashiness. My favorite was always Pigpen.

I couldn't remember Linus's little sister's name (Sally) and found a list of other characters that I had forgotten - Rerun was another little brother to Linus and Lucy.

  • Spike – First appeared August 13, 1975. Snoopy's brother who lives in a desert outside Needles, California. 
  • Belle – First appeared June 28, 1976. She is Snoopy’s sister and has an unnamed teenage son.
  • Marbles – First appeared September 28, 1982. 
  • Olaf- First appeared January 24, 1989. 
  • Andy – First appeared February 14, 1994.

None of these people (animals?) are on the Wiki list - maybe they are animals -- and there are many characters on Wiki that I've never heard of - including Peggy Jean - "Charlie's girlfriend in later years" -- which caused me to have another caffeine induced idea -- some kind of book/film/play - with all those characters (grown up and aging) stuck in the same retirement facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment