Saturday, August 20, 2022

Extras in the international mail

 These were the ones I inserted into the two that ran yesterday. For the first time in a very long time, I got out some actual nibs and ink, although it was actually watercolor. It was fun, even though I'm rusty. The little scroll tip nibs are so much fun. These were envelopes that I had rubber stamped at Jan's a while back. I used my exciting new/old stamps that I bought from Stamp King. 

Alessandra and Mia have one long name and one short name. Writing names that have a lot of contrast in length using a fairly small point size and keeping them on one line to minimize the contrast is one way to deal with names like that. You need to be more creative if you are going to do one name a lot larger than the other. Someday I should wander through the archive and pull out some of my favorite ways to combine super long and super short names.



Above are the tiny envelopes - they were joined by these medium sized envelopes that went in the outer envelopes - which were posted yesterday. Neither of them are brilliant - but they were both fun to do. The polka dot stamp is recycled - since it was not going through the mail. The coffee pot is one I have been hoarding - and it is on my list of stamps that hopefully I can get more of - when Jan and I go to the stamp dealer.

I was not happy with the colored pencil on Alessandra's and wish I had not added it. I think the little Y in Germany is cute. Did anyone notice how I spelled Germany in the top one? There is a mistake in her street address in the one below. It takes a lot of concentration for me to write words or names that are unfamiliar.  I've been reading another book on how memory works and it's really interesting - they keep figuring out more about how things work. Not so much on how to repair.





No comments:

Post a Comment