Sunday, March 28, 2021

To Grace - orange dragon (Name Days)


 Ho hum.

****
I loaded a bunch of envelopes and left the comment-writing for later. And I have nothing to say about this one. However, I have a wildly exciting new pastime. Name Days.

It started with an article in the NYTimes about Name Days. I think there are kindred spirits at the NYTimes who sit around looking for content since that is their job. I will link to the article if you are interested - but the second link is where you go if you just want to find your name and when/where to celebrate it.


There are probably other websites with Name Days - but this will get you started if you want to celebrate your name. There is a purple bar at the top - and you just type in your name - but then you have to go over to the right - and click on the word [Names] and choose Name Days from the drop down menu.

For some names, just one date or just a few will pop up. For other names (like George) you have to choose which country or which month - since the Name Day for George happens on many different days in many different countries.

There are several options on the site - if you want all kinds of other information about names - like famous people with your name. Jean is just chock full of fun people with that name. 


There are 8 links on this page. I honestly don't know how I refrained from going to all of them. So tempting.

Anagram names:
Oh, wow -- this is fun

Jean > Jane > Jena > Anej > Neja
Who knew how versatile those 4 letters could be.

3 comments:

  1. A mathematician would see that as the complete set of permutations on a set containing four elements . . . or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the idea of name days! I was able to find a single day for my name, one for Jonathan, two for Jesse, and one for Nate (though none for his full given name, Nathaniel). Anna had a whole column of days to choose from. Sadly, Brett, Seth, and Braden all came up empty in the name-day search. So I guess we won't be making a big deal of this in our family!

    ReplyDelete