Monday, March 29, 2021

Jean's Jan Exchange - No 2


This was the second style of lettering that I tried for the January envelopes. I had a ton of fun figuring out how to do the letters in a more gestural style. We do not know if I will be able to post the inspiration image. It's on Pinterest. These two photos show the difference between winging it (no pencil guide lines) and pencil guide lines. 

Then I did the thing I do way too often, I do all the lettering without thinking about the stamps. In the back of my mind, I was thinking that black goes with everything. When I pulled out the stamps, I discovered these winter scene stamps. I remember the day I bought them. The clerk at the Post Office was one of my favorites. The actual station has been my least favorite for a really long time. But, they have two new clerks who are so nice. One of them was so excited about the winter scene stamps and how much she loved them that I bought them knowing full well that I thought they were uber-blah. There was something about her enthusiasm that I just felt better buying into her sales pitch. I could always put them in Mr Wilson's little stash of stamps.

In some ways, they solved my problem - because I had quite a few black stamps and did not want to use them up with this lettering. I'm always thinking I can post inspirational lettering. Even though I had a lot of fun figuring this one out -- I doubt it will appeal to many of you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment