Monday, March 22, 2021

BHB Birthday (Meow Wolf article)


This is a cute idea from Jeri. In some ways a birthday celebration is like a new year. The person is observing the new year that begins as they launch their next trip around the sun.

The cute little envelope contained some confetti-type 2021s.
I'm writing this on Jan 18. It is sunny and snowy and I am waiting for the tile artist to arrive with the new tile for the bathroom renovation. For 42 years, we have called our bathrooms the pink bathroom and the green bathroom - because they had 1949 pink/black and green tile. BHB (BigHelpfulBrother) was also built in 1949. He's lasted longer than the pink bathroom - but the green bathroom may outlive him.

I imagine we will still call the new neutral bathroom, the *pink bathroom.* I wonder if anyone chooses colors for bathrooms any more. I will refrain from surfing. A while back, I surfed through the Sherwin Williams site and they have a page with *colors thru the decades.* It was so much fun to revisit all the familiar palettes. From 2010-2020 -- there has been nothing but gray. I suppose the new bathroom will look very dated someday. 


***

One of the most memorable things I have ever seen is Meow Wolf in Santa Fe NM. It's hard to describe. Various artists have created an environment (that changes) and it takes a couple hours to wander through and experience everything. They have opened a second space in Las Vegas. This article talks about the several art installations/spaces that are beyond the scope of a picture or a sculpture.


Link to art article

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...A Happy New Year card as a bd card....brilliant. so is the the goodbye 2020 card. I enjoy sending "Happy Mail" and will keep these I mind. Circa 1949 bathroom is what I live with also. Pink and turquoise tile with pink shag rug!! When we moved in the rug was the first to go...way over the edge! Enjoy your day~Donna

    ReplyDelete