Thursday, March 4, 2021

Michelle Ott - The Postcard Machine (Pre-FaceBook Face Book)


 I hope you can click on this and see the detail. During my coffee break, I wandered through a list on IG and found this envelope. Michelle Ott is the artist and I was so happy to read about how she got her start in postcards. She was working in Antarctica and had a large cardboard box. She made the Postcard Machine and it has been many places. I think she lives in California now.

Link to Michelle's IG

Link to ThePostcardMachine on IG

I love this inverted pyramid scheme - with Michelle at the bottom - delighted to make postcards, the reader is in the middle - delighted to send postcards, and then all the people who are delighted to receive  actual mail.


Here is her website if you want to spend some time surfing. I like the [About] section


The first Postcard Machine




*****

Well, this is just cooler than heck.

Gorgeous books from 400 years ago made by people who wanted an album of portraits.

Link to Books of Faces

It was hard to choose which image - there are all kinds of images - some have more writing.


*****

Most of the people who worked on the bathroom renovation don't get to see the finished product, so instead of emailing each one of them, I put photos on a blog. I don't have all the names filled in yet.

https://bestbathroomever.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment