Thursday, March 18, 2021

Purple flowers from NancyL and Nanski (finger painting cave-kids)


Stitched, from NancyL


Nancy L's envelope


Nanski's card


Nanski's envelope.

It was fun when the two Nancy-envelopes arrived in September and they were both flowery and in the purple family. If I never doubled up on the incoming envelopes, I would not have any dates left for my own envelopes. 

I think that card from Nanski is a Crane's design. It's a good example of less-is-more. I'd be curious to see how it would work to hand letter that design. It is always tricky to be very minimalist with one's lettering.

Nancy's stitching is so pretty. I wonder how she gets the pattern on the paper. Maybe she just does it freehand. That would be fun. Maybe she will leave us a comment and tell us a little about her process.

****

Here is a link to The History Blog. Apparently, archaeologists have discovered the work of children (on the walls of caves) that is 13,000 years old. These kinds of articles blow.my.mind. They also make me think of many Far Side cartoons. 


Happy surfing.




1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you are aware, but the link to kid cave art is just to the image and not to an article.

    ReplyDelete