Tuesday, March 2, 2021

From AmyG in Oct 2020 (loopy pants)

The blog was almost 5 hours late yesterday. I'm not sure anyone noticed. Once in a while I forget to reset the time. 


 This reminds me of Lauren's blueberry envelope to Mr Wilson. There was a note inside telling me exactly what the berries were and mentioned that they had a nice scent as well. Hopefully, I will find the note or an image of the note. Macabre is the word that pops in my head when I ponder the stains and those teeth on the critter on the stamp. I like the rectangle behind the stamps and the partial purple border. There is an unpredictability that is fun. I wonder if there was any specific inspiration -- or if it was just experimenting that went well.

I am currently relocated to a pied-a-terre where I am taking a sabbatical to get my ephemera and envelopes in order. It is Dec 28th. There is a 3 week renovation project at my house and it was going to be difficult to socially distance. So, I'm filling up blog posts and also going through actual paper ephemera that has been around for far too long. Wish me luck. And I fully expect it to take 6 weeks - since that seems to be the way renovation goes. And it is not exciting renovation - it is updating 1949 plumbing - both bathroom and kitchen.

****

My prediction was correct. It was exactly 6 weeks to the day. Whew. I still don't have the before and after photos because we are in day 3 of 3 days of carpet installation. 

My system of posting ahead of time and then adding the rants/pondering has settled into a nice routine. Today we need something silly to balance out the past couple days of serious topics. Fashion is always an easy source for silliness. 


I think I found this through an article that said there is a growing number of independent designers who are making small quantities of clothing and selling them online. Not that this is entirely new. But, there are more options than just Etsy these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment