Sunday, March 14, 2021

To Carolyn, Patty, Trish - Shouting series - no 2, 3, 4, (painting with Hunter)


Why do I have an odd feeling that I already posted one of these?
Carolyn's might be a little better because of the white space. But, I like Patty's too.
I could have done better on Trish's - although I'm not sure what. Maybe if her name had been larger.
It bothers me the way the return address is straight and then the following lines are at a slant. 
I guess I like the script on Carolyn's better than the printing on the other two.

This is a very short series. Only two posts. I guess I'm glad I did not do too many of these, although, I do like the idea of sending a message and might look for better ways to do so. At the time, I know I was feeling thankful for my pen pals and exchangers. November does bring out the thankfulness. But, I'm pretty sure I get verclempt every month when the sign-up emails come in and people add notes of appreciation for the exchange.


*****
A couple days ago, there was a post with no additional rant/ponder/comment. I had forgotten to check the posts that were going to pop up. Why? Because I was engrossed in some mothering.

My son, the postal worker, who has always lived with roommates - finally found a house to buy. He started moving in on March 1st and I was eager to move all the items that I had been saving for the house he might have someday. Oh.My.Gosh. The treasures I have discovered as I burrowed into the inner sanctum of all the storage places in the house. Delightful. Then, I really wanted to take my painting supplies over to the new house and give him my tips on painting. Oh.My.Gosh. The house was built in 1922 and while there is still a lot of original oak woodwork - in some places, there are numerous layers of paint and some of the most egregious caulking I have ever seen. I should have taken before and after photos.

Bless his heart, Hunter carved out all the excess caulk. We decided against delving into much of the layered paint problems because of the lead that is probably lurking. Where possible, we decided that the defects give the house character. I have until the18th to impart all of my wisdom on painting.

On the 19th, I head to Chicago to help my CPA daughter during tax season. Once I get to Chicago, I'll have time to add interesting things to the posts. Until then, there might be some skimpy posts. I appreciate that some of the readers are still stuck in the waiting-for-vaccine mode.

Those of us who have had vaccinations are feeling a tiny bit of relief from the whole pandemanical experience. If you are still waiting for your vaccination - hang in there. It is sooooo stressful waiting and trying to figure out how the sign-up system works. IMHO, it is the newness of the situation. Previous global pandemics didn't provide much wisdom on how to handle this pandemic. As the saying goes, hindsight is 20/20. Ironic, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment