Wednesday, March 3, 2021

From KateR, Faye, JeanR, Jess (Christi's valentine)


 I only recall one other envelope with this stamp - and I think it was from Patty. I've probably missed out on getting any of these stamps. They're really pretty and Kate had a good idea to incorporate the design. The USPS comes up with a variety of cancels and I think this one for October with the scary-outlet-face is adorable. I keep forgetting to mention it. The placement on this one is really fun.

Here are three more from October. These four ended up in a folder and they seem like duplicates - but the mission is to get through all the folders and start my new filing system. The top three are harmonious - color-wise. And the raccoon is fun


From Faye. Rusty items and black tea. I know I have written about this technique previously. Maybe she sent two envelopes -- and maybe that's why I think these might be duplicates.



From JeanR


From Jess - the outlet-face lines up perfectly with the jack-o-lantern.

*****
I did not see this valentine from Christi until a few days after the 14th. Christi's blog is on the quality end of the quality-quantity spectrum - she only posts once in a while - but every post has something steal worthy. She left this comment on the last post that included her beautiful, historically-inspired work - in my response to my questions. Thank you, Christi. 

The romans on the bookmarks are mine, simply developed from years of working with type (computer fonts) and drawing letters I like. The illuminated gold letters are traditional, again years of copying medieval manuscripts, to where the ‘doodles’ of the monks have become second nature.

I reeeeeeally need to try this.





No comments:

Post a Comment