Thursday, November 10, 2022

Oct to Sharon and Mary - Bumped and short


I knew I was going to have the vampires holding up stamps - and Sharon's was OK - but it didn't make sense that the vampire needed both arms up in the air. And we know it is essential for our images to make sense. So, on Mary's I figured I would have the vampire holding a poster and penciled in a rectangle. But then I put the stamp on the envelope, thinking I would ink in the rectangle - and then I chickened out. I was still traumatized by the clothesline fiasco from the Sept envelopes. Eventually I did a little more penciling and left it up in the air - because I had a trip coming up and needed to focus on that.

I will not bother complaining about the issues with green markers which is the same problem I had on the witches with green faces.


I bumped this post - and it might be the last of the Halloween envelopes - or maybe not. Life is unpredictable. Are we tired of me saying that?

And then.....<sigh>......at the very end......<deep heaving sigh> I realized that I should have had the vampire holding up one stamp in each hand. Do you think I can figure out a Santa that will hold up two stamps? Santire? Combining holidays? Too much? Bunny ears? Franken-holidays?

***

Leslie asked about the little Halloween drawings. They are from an Ed Emberley book that I borrowed from the DMPublic library. Leslie: I think the DMPL will give you a card -- if you want to check it out. You can find some good images online - just Google him.

I still can't figure out how to post reply on my own blog grrrrr.


1 comment:

  1. I love these little Halloween drawings of yours! Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete