Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Des 2020 to Christi/Grace/JeanR/Lauren - traffic rant

These are the last of the red 2020s - I hope nobody is bailing out on us because there hasn't been enough variety. I'm pretty sure that is going to change.


How many errors are too many?
Thank you again, Christi for the faux-postage.


Grace -- how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while?



Yes, those snowflakes are covering up smudges.


Lauren - wondering how you are doing?
I rather liked those light white pencil guidelines.
Lauren disappeared for a couple months - but, I am happy to report that she's back.


***

This is the first post after a long break - so, I do not recall what I was jabbering about in early Oct before I took off for the week in Chicago and then the week in Whistler BC. Chicago was fun with grandkids but did not include anything blog-worthy. Whistler BC, on the other hand - was chock full of adventures. The lifts (gondolas) were closed so I did not go to the top of any mountains. But, everything that people say about the Pacific Northwest is true - in terms of how pretty it is. 

My only complaint is that Vancouver did not figure out a way to put a big 6 lane freeway right through the middle of the city. I'm sure it was because everybody is so nice in Canada, that they did not want to tell a bunch of people that they had to move out of their houses.

Here in the US - even in pitifully ineptly run Des Moines - they were able to get organized and put in a much needed freeway through the middle of the town when it was obvious that the city was growing. Mr. Wilson's family was kicked out of their home in 1962 (along with many other families). They all survived.

This is a rare compliment for Des Moines - for facilitating efficiency for the measly half-million people who live in the greater metropolitan area. I think Vancouver is about 2 million - so you can imagine how bad the traffic is - without a freeway through the middle.

If any of my Canadian pen pals have any insider information - I'd be very interested in hearing it. Yes, there are some freeways that are further out - but they take just as long as the streets - and they seem old and in need of an overhaul/expansion.

Thanks for listening to my one rant - happily, there are several *raves* to share. Raves is in *quotes* because I usually rave about very quirky things.

No comments:

Post a Comment