Sunday, November 6, 2022

Dec 2020 to Grace/Cathy/Kate/Janet - Travel tip

Thank you for putting up with me and all these red envelopes. This batch is better than the previous one. Slightly better. The EDMANDS is a bit clunky. Not crazy about the r's in o'rear. Kate's address is too loose. I deeply regret the U in Reanud. So *better* than horrible doesn't tip these into the acceptable range.




These all included that stamp-shaped-Santa card. I bought the box of cards eons ago - and it was fun to finally send them off to my posse.


***
I'm filling in some posts whilst on a trip. It is Oct 13 - and I am in Chicago for a week. It was going to be just a short visit to help my daughter while her husband was on a business trip. Then I had the bright idea to find a cheap ticket to British Columbia and visit my son in Whistler.

Travel tip - I have no idea if other airlines are doing this - but Air Canada had a sneaky new thing where they charge for the ticket to get on the plane and then when you click [continue] where you expect to choose a seat - they invite you to pay for your seat. Aisle seats and window seats cost more than middle seats. What will they think of next?

I do not recall posting any photos of myself on the blog. If I ride a gondola to the top of a mountain, I might take a picture. Or maybe there will be some other photo op. I discovered Blackcomb Ice Cave right next to Whistler. It's a cave inside a glacier that looks really cool - but not granny friendly at all. 

Here is a detailed account of how to get there on skis. You can hike there when there is no snow - but it would still be too rugged for me. 

LINK to Blackcomb Ice Cave

In the summer - the *floor* melts and it is a lake on the inside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment