Sunday, November 13, 2022

Nov 2020 from Leslie - ribbon wallpaper


Here's another clever handmade envelope from Leslie. The tilting is fun - and then I starting wondering how it would work to have the grid on the diagonal. I wonder if I will remember to find some grid paper and give it a try. 

And then this wallpaper popped up - which is a grid on the diagonal...hmm....more ideas.....

***
Once in a while I surf around neighborhoods looking at houses that are for sale. I found this wallpaper in a house in Chicago. It is a print based on those bulletin boards that have ribbon - where you tuck your mail behind the ribbons. I've always wanted to do an entire wall with a padded cloth covering and ribbon - to display my favorite mail. If any of my readers have a bulletin board with ribbons - it would be lovely if you shared a photo with us.



If you are interested in the rest of the house - it has a spectacular yard.
It's early Prairie style and beautifully maintained, so the main rooms are fairly traditional. But, they let loose in the kitchen (calligraphic wallpaper) and bathrooms (one has architectural drawings, another seems to be entirely hand-painted).
LINK to the house for people who are looking to kill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment