Friday, February 17, 2023

Moon mailing from Valerie - Texting

 


This was a fun surprise from Valerie in California. We've exchanged a couple times and I am honored that she takes time to include me her mailings. I will do my best to share enthusiasm for the great beyond with my granddaughter. 


That's really interesting that there is a monthly lunar event. This does interest me a lot - and wonder why I am so *uneducated* about moon stuff. I know the blue moon and the harvest moon - but that's it. I guess there have been some others that I went out of my way to view ----


We used to call my youngest kid *Moon Man.* He was fascinated by the moon when he was very young and because he was one of those surprise offspring who defied birth control - we always suspected that he might have been *sent.* The speculation got pretty *out there* - I'll just leave it to this much - lest you think I'm off my rocker.

***

Happy Birthday to the youngest offspring. He turns 35 today. I asked him when *middle age* starts and he said, "35." So, it's official. He is lounging on a beach in St. Martin. I suppose lots of people think that sounds like fun. Not me. But, to each their own. 

Yesterday when I was writing about the two generations of people who do not know the joys of USPS correspondence - I mentioned how texting has really caught on as the preferred method of communication. Talking on the phone seems to be waning. (That word never looks right to me - I always want to spell it wane-ing.)

I've gone along with the texting thing and use it a lot. I prefer to text and ask when we can talk if I need to communicate. I've noticed that I hardly ever just pick up the phone and call someone. That's usually reserved for when there is something urgent going on. Sometimes I send a text that says *Read your email* if I had to send a longer message that is mildly urgent.

***

Here is one more part of Valerie's mailing. It's nice to hear from you Val. That's her telescope. I cut off the part that shows her - since I'm not sure she wants her picture blasted into the internet-o-sphere. And I do intend to respond - one of these days.....



2 comments:

  1. I'm not a "beach in the heat" type person either. I love Wisconsin weather. I grew up in SE Asia on tropical islands, so my childhood memories are nearly all overheated and too sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute envelope full of cool stuff. The best kind!

    ReplyDelete