Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Greeting cards


Instead of an envelope we will look at these four greeting cards - but do not look too closely - because some of the lettering is too wonky. A while back I ran some photos of birthday cards that I make that I donate to a supportive housing program. It provides support and housing for people who are working their way out of situations where they do not have any place to live. [Formerly called homeless - but that term has been falling out of favor - and houseless isn't any better.] 

Anyhow - I enjoy making the cards - and will be inviting people to send me scraps of decorative paper - or scraps of gel plate images or anything else that could be used for cards that have a decorative element layered onto them. I have enough of those two papers in the photo to do a hundred cards - but I do not want to give them 100 cards with the same two papers. I need some variety.

I also like donating because the director of the program is intent on each resident getting a handmade card instead of just buying cards.
80% of the people living in this community are men (75% of them are veterans) so - I try to make cards that are not overly pink/flowery/frilly/etc. Tomorrow is sign up time for the March exchange - and I will send a reminder with the lists to send decorative scraps.

Maybe I should think of a way to turn the card ideas into envelope designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment