Friday, February 10, 2023

Dec 2023 from Lynne - essay on using creativity

 


There were at least 3 of us who were in the mood for light on dark poinsettias in December. These are from Lynne. The PO sent it through without any barcodes or cancels. Or - there might have been a sticker barcode. Peeling off stickers is not something I would ever recall doing. My own version ran way back in Dec and the third one (from Smash ran a week ago. As fun as it would be to save the Dec envelopes and run them in Dec 2023 - we're going to have to put up with out of season ideas - and just think of ways to imagine that these are hearts.

***

This post is way out of order - it got lost in the drafts folder. Feel free to ignore the add-on unless you need to fill/kill some time.

*

I ran across this essay that is much denser than what I usually put on the blog - but - it resonated with me in a very interesting way. I am 100% on board with what it talks about - but streamlining it into an edited version probably won't work. 

On the surface it talks about coping with loss - specifically death of loved ones - and that is not a topic that needs more attention on this blog - but I am including it because everything it says about coping with loss of loved ones correlates to my adjusting to the changes in my brain. So, I am linking to the essay - with the warning that it isn't light and fluffy - but - it might be interesting. 

Here's the one liner that probably explains why this essay struck me as share-worthy: 

"...to better understand why learning to live with loss is a creative pursuit."

LINK to essay


No comments:

Post a Comment