Monday, February 6, 2023

Dec 2022 from Leslie




If you need an idea for Valentine's Day, flip those trees upside down and turn them into hearts. I wonder where Leslie got the kraft envelope with a window. Note to self: buy more celebrate stamps. This particular design has been so versatile. 

For some reason, this post was devoid of jabbering - so this is a real time post. I just sent out the lists for the February exchange. The numbers were up - so I found myself on all 5 lists. I *pulled a Chuck* which means I have already started 20 envelopes and should be getting them in the mail promptly. They are not swoon-worthy - but not exactly wretched.

Instead of putting my name on the list, I put the name Jennifer - and I will be collecting all the envelopes to pass along to Jennifer who is the lovely USPS employee who mentored my son when he showed up. I figured she would enjoy a stack of fun mail.

I didn't offer any suggestions for themes for envelopes for Jennifer. Obviously anything postal themed would be fun. Or if you wanted to make it mushy/love/valentine themed - that always works - because we love the USPS. If anyone loves to embellish the name Jennifer and did not sign up for the exchange - feel free to send me a bonus envelope for Jennifer -
at my address - 420 44th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50312.

I was so tempted to have Jennifer's envelopes sent to the main post office where she works - but was somewhat nervous about whether or not they would get to her. Obviously - it would be a very good way to *test* the post office - but, you never know - there could be people who are not as lovely as Jennifer who might frown on Jennifer getting personal mail at work.

Oh.My.Gosh. The head honcho. I bet I can get his name. The postmaster of Des Moines. That would be interesting to send some fan mail to him......or her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment