Sunday, February 5, 2023

Dec 2022 from Lauren and Jeri - ¡ay, caramba!


Well this is interesting -- Lauren's envelope went through the cancelling machine sideways. And and I can understand why a postal worker felt the need to *cancel* with a pen - but what's with that big, ol' question mark to the right of the name and address? The lettering is perfectly clear. Are they confused by the DUH instead of DES? 

I like that arch of snowflakes -- a steal worthy design. Below is another white on red design - nicely centered. I have a good name and address for centering. I often wonder what Jeri (below) does on her list of mailings. She is a scribe friend, not an exchanger - so I'd have to do some persuading to get her to show me the rest of her mail.



This was inside Lauren's:



***
 ¡ay, caramba! is an informal exclamation people use to show surprise, anger, excitement, pain, or annoyance. This expression is close in meaning to: Damn, Oh my goodness, For crying out loud, Good heavens (this is a copy/paste off Google)

I have been away from the blog for a couple weeks - first cat sitting and then grandkid sitting. The ¡ay, caramba! is because I did not do a good job of keeping track of which envelopes have been posted. It is Jan 15th and I'll just have to proceed with the usual mish-mash and hope that some of the topics are interesting. I have not forgotten about posting more fonts - so that could happen.

Shout out to people (non-exchangers) who read the blog daily - and sent me surprise mail. It's so much fun to hear from people from way back. Thanks, Eduardo and Stella - your envelopes will pop up pretty soon because they are on the top of the stack.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment