Sunday, February 12, 2023

January to Ming - 2023 Flintstone house

 


I saw that saying, in that style and layout somewhere - and made a rough pencil sketch - but didn't keep the original so I can't give anyone credit. I have no idea how faithfully I appropriated whatever it was I was looking at. I wrote in gold gel pen first and then layered that with light colored markers. The space that was left for a name seemed like a good fit with Ming's name. I didn't have any stamp in mind and because the rates were going up - I figured I would just use an international stamp. 

This envelope really needed one more thing - but, I was running out of time and had to send it along looking like this. It's OK. As I keep saying -- maybe I'll find my groove next month.

***

One of those things I pondered that is not going to happen was having a list of 30 different add-on topics so that I maintained appropriate variety. I still love that idea - and now I'm thinking that I could keep a log and review which topics might be popping up too often. I know that I gravitate towards a lot of house/home images and videos - so I make sure to not put an endless stream of *OhMyGoshLookAtThisHouse.* 

But this one is in Ohio - and it sorta knocked my socks off. A while ago I shared a *Flintstone* house that was on a British Isle -- and was ancient. This is a modern *Flintstone* house (although the Flintstones did not live in a cave. IMHO - the gothic touches are a strange combination with all the rock. But the way they integrated contemporary features with your basic rocks seems nice.

And -- it's an AirBNB - so our dear pen-pal-friend Finnbadger could go check it out and report back. There are lots of places to hike, too.

LINK to cave-house

The guy's channel has a lot of tiny house tours - if you are into tiny houses.




No comments:

Post a Comment