Monday, February 27, 2023

Jan from Troy - originality




I have a couple questions for Troy on this one. I like the image being large and cropped. And I like the colors and the whole idea - and the stamp placement. I'm curious about how the zip code ended up where it is. In the little thumbnail size that I clicked on to insert it - the zip code made it look like a furrowed brow. Did you have that in mind? Those are really nice stamps. They look so good on the paper - which is a super nice watercolor paper. Here's the other question - did you make the envelope? I've never seen anything like it - and all the edges seem like actual deckle edges - so if you are making them - where do you get paper that is exactly the right size? Maybe they are Twinrocker?

And then - Troy enclosed this adorable little accordion book. Each pocket has a letter. 







***

Here is a 5 minute video on one of my favorite topics - originality - and how nearly impossible it is to create something that is 100% original. 

LINK to video

I read the article first - which will add to the 5 minutes, but I recommend it. One of the characters is really hard to understand because he talks so fast and it was helpful to know that what he was saying was available elsewhere if one really wanted to ponder what was said.

https://psyche.co/films/is-the-concept-of-originality-in-art-a-bit-well-unoriginal?utm_source=Aeon+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4d195a6060-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2023_01_24_05_59&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-4d195a6060-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D

No comments:

Post a Comment