Sunday, February 26, 2023

Jan from Ming - thank you Jennifer and Peggy


I love the way the USPS put the cancel in the opposite corner.


I just love this card and envelope from Ming. As previously mentioned, when I put the January lists together, I was bogged down with pet-sitting and a pending trip and figured I should only put myself on one list. I had been hoping to be on all the lists and get 20 envelopes for John Hancock - maybe next year. I especially like that Ming even made a very sweet birthday card for John. Thank you, Ming.

On the February exchange, I put the name Jennifer on the list (instead of mine) because there is a Jennifer who has been so helpful to my son at work. She goes out of her way to do nice things for other workers - and since it is mostly *guys* - I imagine they don't always think of ways to do nice things for her. I'm guessing she will be very happy with her stack of mail. I'm going to have it sent to my house - and then have my son deliver it.

In March, I am going to put my friend Peggy on the list. She was a grad student when I was an undergrad at Drake - 1969-1972. A few years later, our paths crossed because she ran the education program at the art museum that is a block from my house. I'd see her when I signed my kids up for classes. Then one day, she was in need of a substitute for a kids class and called me. That launched my career in teaching and in many ways - my teaching has probably been my greatest contribution to -- to what? 

Obviously, it was a contribution to my little community - that I taught both the lettering classes as well as Art for the Intimidated. But - this whole blog never would have happened but for the students who were wishing they had something else - after the classes had ended.

So, the March exchange is going to be *thank you Peggy* mail. I'll mention this again - when I send out the lists in case anyone else wants to send a thank you to Peggy for the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment