Thursday, February 16, 2023

Dec mail from Candy and Patty - Betty & Veronica

 


It is always nice to hear from pen pals from the past - this one is from Candy. We go way back - although we have never met in person. I suspect that anyone who know that there is a George at my address reads the blog fairly often. It's hard to know what percentage of posts mention him.

Here's another one from Patty - it wasn't her exchange envelope - but I am including it because it's another nice layout with the elf stamp. Putting two small first names on top of a chunky last name is a very good *formula* to address a whole stack of envelopes -- and one I should consider if I actually get myself to respond to all the fun holiday mail that we received.


***



I saw this while I was reading articles from the U of Iowa Special Collections - and it struck me that there are now 2 generations of people who do not know the joy of USPS communication. There are quite a few people of my generation who read and exchange - and I bet a bunch of you know exactly what I am talking about. There are certain moments that feel like yesterday - as I recall some significant notes and letters that arrived way-back-when. And then --- those few letters that get saved for a really long time.

Of course our emails are probably lodged permanently in some random place in the ozone -- but who will ever slog through them. Which makes me wonder -- how many emails do I write per year? Do any of my techie readers know if there is a *counting tool* on email? I sorta wanna know and I sorta don't wanna know. And so many people have just switched to texting as the preferred method of communication. 

LINK to article about that comic book it's about the marketing (advertisements) that were in comic books - way off topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment