Saturday, February 25, 2023

Jan from CathyO - Punkpost

 


I can't figure out why some envelopes look so ho-hum when I see the Informed Delivery images on the USPS email that shows me what's going to be arriving in my mail. This one was so *ho-hum* when I saw it in the email - that I wondered if there was going to be some bad news from Cathy that she was a bit *off* because of something that was going on. Instead - when it arrived - it was(is) soooo pretty. 

To be honest - I think it looks even better in person than in the color photo - so maybe it is the subtlety of black on gray that doesn't come through very well in scanning or photography. Anyhow - it is lovely -- and the card is so fun. Cathy is taking a class with John Stevens so we might be seeing more blackletter from Cathy.

***

Here is an idea if anyone wants to observe National Card & Letter Writing Month - which is April. Personally, I'm not gung-ho on any of the National Days of Whatever or National Month of Whatever - but, if they provide a nudge or an inspiration to others - that's a good thing.

This is a screen shot - I couldn't get the whole image - so you may access all 30 ideas at the link or you may want to come up with your own. Once again - I thought I had posted about Punkpost - but did not find anything in a search. They are the people who executed an idea that I had many years ago - to offer hand addressed mail on the internet. I loved the idea - but had no way of getting the idea off the ground. 

It is so much easier to set up an eCommerce site these days. There was a little bit of wistfulness that someone else is getting all the joy of this concept. But, the list of things and ideas that I've had to let go of gets longer every day - and I am quite content with my little corner that did grow organically - and has zero pressure to make sure that the value of the product equals the amount charged. 





LINK to Punkpost website

I like their IG account a lot - LINK to punkpost IG  "Youth" warning. You will see language and perhaps topics that were things that the youngsters use that used to be not-mainstream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment