Friday, June 24, 2022

Sharon (6) blue LOVE stamp


 Sharon wrote:

I love this calligraphy style from your blog. I used a large calligraphy pen for the thick part of the letters and then used a matching skinny pen for the rest of the letters and the curlicues. I could improve it by planning out the letters so the “t” wasn’t so squished.

I love that style of lettering, too - and had completely forgotten about it -- it's pretty easy - and forgiving. The squished-ness of the t doesn't even bother me. Although, it would have if I had done it. It annoys me when I look back at the left margin and see gobs of space - and then I *if only* myself - because it would have fit beautifully. I guess the only solution is to always do a practice run.

The other thing I like - is a medium tone paper where you can use a dark tone as well as white. The perfect-ness of the paper with the blue in the stamp is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment