Saturday, June 4, 2022

Janet's *pointer* envelope -- De-stressing - 1


 Super fun envelope from Janet and double GRRRR at the postal employee who felt the need to X out the stamps. Those were one of my favorites off the American Illustrator sheet. Nice border. I'm trying to figure out what Janet found that was so opaque on the black paper. Paint pens?

***

We are back on the tedious topic. How to retrain a brain. I'm only writing this 2 weeks ahead of time. The process of evaluating my brain and then deciding what to do about it is beyond my sphere of understanding. The latest thing that stumped me was providing a list of the things that cause me stress. 

Also, it was helmet day. For some reason, most of the other patients were wearing foam helmets. Nothing like a bunch of people wearing helmets to make me feel like I am probably *just fine.* Anyhow, the tour guide was trying very hard to figure out what stressed me and all I could think of was: people asking me questions -- and I knew that was not the right answer. 

She was on the youngish side - and I finally said, "By the time a person is 70 they have pretty much given up on anything going the way they would like it to go - and as a result, we don't stress about anything anymore."

And then we were out of time for the day. Note to self: when I graduate from rehab - send a thank you for the one place in the universe where things stick to a schedule. And there are no clocks in any of the rooms -- so I think they might have chips in their ears or something.

Homework is optional - because they do not want to add stress - but the handout for the day had fill in the blanks for 6 types of stress. I'll share them with you tomorrow. Maybe some of you are stressed and want to join me on my journey of stress reduction and brain health.












1 comment:

  1. That is a very cool envelope. Gel pens do well for opacity on dark colors. I'm with you, people asking me what stresses me may in fact stress me.

    ReplyDelete