Saturday, June 11, 2022

Mary's Yoda - I meant to add....

Here is another envelope that Mary sent. I think that's Yoda -- I'm not up on Star Wars -- but I do keep one of Yoda's admonishments near the top of the list of quotes I dish out: Do. Or do not. There is no try. I'm not sure I have the punctuation correct. I hardly ever get to say it out loud. I only say it in my head when someone is telling me they are going to *try.* I really have to bite my tongue - if the person is already a repeat offender at some basic rule - and they say they are going to try to remember the rule. Grrr. And these are not complicated rules. Maybe there are too many rules. Maybe people should only be expected to remember one rule. Two, tops.

****

Back when I was deciding to just put my involvement in the exchange on indefinite hold for a while, I intended to explain two things - but I forgot. This might be more than two things. 

(1) I normally thrive on lists and being organized and I do love making up the lists for the exchange each month. So, that part of the exchange has continued to be fun. The part that turned into pure unadulterated stress was actually making the envelopes. Realizing that *something* had changed inspired me to drop the participation part.

(2) I wasn't bothered by the decision to drop out of participating. It was a relief. All I needed to do was announce it - or explain it. How to do the announcing and explaining was in and of itself soooo challenging. It was validation that *the team* that runs my thoughts and activities is/was all messed up. And it was probably a good idea to try/do something wildly different.

Maybe. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment