Friday, June 10, 2022

Mia's flowers


Mia liked something she saw on the blog that had this style of lettering and asked what it was. I said it was just my own style - and figured we could call it Jean-arian. I might have posted the full alphabet - in a very quickly done exemplar. Or maybe I just did a page of it and sent her a photo? Whichever way that went, she did this version and I think it looks great. 

I love the flowers. They appear to be painted, then cut out and adhered to both the envelope and the card. Some of them loosened a bit on the envelope. The ones on the card are very *stuck.* And I can't see any *thickness* so maybe they were painted on tissue paper? Very intriguing.

I like the colors. The Canadian stamp is very pretty and the only words I can make out are *Give Life* so, if Mia has time, I'd be curious to know what the stamp is commemorating. Organ donating? Surrogacy?

And of course, I love the *that woman* portion of the envelope -- one of my favorite sentiments.

***
No add on today. Other than those four words. 




1 comment:

  1. I made a stack of painted tissue paper in various colors to use for collage cutouts - love translucent papers of all types. I likely used a gluestick to adhere them to the envelope and the card, and crossed my fingers that the ones on the envelope would hold up through the mail.

    The stamp is for Organ and Tissue Donation. Canada Post describes thusly "In the centre of each stamp are two figures forming the shape of a heart. They’re joined by outstretched hands holding glowing stars. This represents the connection between donors and recipients. Within the heart are abstract representations of life: flowers in bloom, a droplet of water, the warmth of the sun and a bird in flight. The stamps are illustrated with shades of green, the official colour of organ and tissue donation." Isn't it lovely?

    So glad you liked my attempt at Jean-arian!

    ReplyDelete